The International Economics Section has several openings for Research Assistants (i.e., Senior Research Specialists). These positions offer an ideal transitional job for recent graduates who are interested in international economics and are considering further studies in economics. They offer the opportunity to see what a career doing frontier academic research involves.
The successful candidates will gain experience working with some of the world’s leading researchers in international economics. They will be expected to assemble and manage data sets, to program and simulate non-linear models, and to assist faculty members in all aspects of their research.
These are one-year term positions with the possibility of renewal for a second year, contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance. End date is dependent on start date, which may vary.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Economics, Mathematics or Computer Science, or significant coursework in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or programming.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of statistics/econometrics.
- Knowledge of statistical programming, particularly STATA.
- Knowledge of Matlab or Mathematica is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of other programming Packages, such as Python, R and Fortran is desirable but not required.
The successful applicants will begin in the summer of 2021 or earlier by mutual agreement.
Please apply online using Requisition No. 2020-12011 through Careers.